photo blog-peacock-largedividerunderheader1_zpsf4da32e3.png

Click to see Kazaam and the rest of the Renaissance Gang on Animal Planet's Dogs 101

 photo blog-peacock-dogs101_zpsd9cd3030.jpg
 photo blog-peacock-largedividerunderheader1_zpsf4da32e3.png

♥Watch this video before you purchase a puppy♥

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


A League of their own: Jimmy Dugan: "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard....is what makes it great"
Lynn Baron: On Breeding: "Ditto what Jimmy said"


Call Us

Call Us

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Trials and Tribulations of being a breeder.

Today, Chyna, Nevaeh and Cappuccino went to the Vet for vaccines.  Chyna and Nevaeh had their DHPP booster and Cappuccino had his rabies vac.  All seemed OK until I noticed Nevaeh shaking her head like mad, some hours later....I picked her up to bring her downstairs to my grooming area to check her ears, and to my horror, her ears were bright red, she had a good inch of bright red on the skin surrounding her eyes, and her muzzle was red.  So I grabbed her and headed off to doggy emergency for a shot of Benadryl, STAT
She's fine now...she's supposed to be sleepy...NOT!!  She's running around happy and full of life..thank God..so all of you current and future doggy owners, always watch your pooch after being vaccinated...if you ever see any redness, itching, swelling or difficulty breathing, time is of the essence, get your pup to a Vet immediately.  It's always a good idea to keep Benadryl 25mg tablets, (Diphenhydramine) on hand.  You can give 12.5mg to a Coton en route to the ER.   Also, if your pet does have a reaction to a vaccine, it's important to pre-medicate with Benadryl before administering the vac again in the future. Talk to your Vet!
I'm now going to have some snuggle time with my Cotons and thank my lucky stars that my sweet little Nevaeh is OK.
I think a few years were taken off of my life tonight...
Renaissance Coton de Tulear signing off!  Have a great weekend!

No comments: